Friday, January 13, 2006

2nd week of uni gone by

Hey everyone,

Well 2nd week of uni gone by. I pretty much know my way around and knows where most of the coffee shop are located. I only need to go to SLC to get Tim Hortons Coffee as the coffee shop in Library and some places are espresso coffee (yuck!!)

Donuts?!? They all are "glazed" donuts. None like Aussie-like donuts, you know cinnamon and sugar donut while it's nice and hot...... mmm........

Only thing that is intersting at this uni is that they use watcard as their student id and like-a-bank card which deduct money from your account to buy food/drink, printing, stuff from UW shop etc. It's kinda good idea really because you don't have to worry about changes too much or goin to the atm to get the money out and etc. First week, omg, somehow i got so many 1 cents or i should say a penny, it droved me crazy.
http://www.watcard.uwaterloo.ca/

Class? I find it old fashion. 2 of my lecturer use overheads. One use powerpoint and that is in the newer building. You cannot ask questions in the lecture. I only have one tutorial class which is for ENVS 178. I find that Griffith University is actually lucky to have tutorial for each subject and fortunately to have the technology to make learning more easier. We have this motto, "Don't be afraid to ask questions".

The other day, I was sitting next to a girl who was had a laptop out and ready. I was shocked. Why? Well, it kinda distracted me as she was talking to someone on MSN and checking her email etc etc while the lecturer was talking. They have the full wireless coverage of the whole university. :-/ Well I can understand why the Griffith Uni only have part coverage at the uni so that it does not distract students' learning while in lecture.

University of Waterloo was voted number 1 for
Comprehensive Universities
Best Overall
Leaders of Tomorrow
Highest Quality
Most Innovative

When I thought about this university, I thought wow, looks good and reasonable learning experience. Now, this kinda reflects on how lucky we Australian are. I don't mind studying here. It's just different. Plus it depends on who you study with, who is your lecturer and how it is taught. Art thou cannot judge.

Ok ok ok. I think I've done enough rambling.

Cheers
Rachie bachie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have a huge craving for donuts, I am fairly certain you can make your own. I can even search for some recipes if you really want to pursue your craving for good ole` donuts! I love a challenge!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cal, if I remember accordingly, I did try to make donuts but FAILED! It's complicated and you have to try to do it the right way otherwise it will go all gooey or oily. Either way. That why I prefer to buy them from donuts king. :-D At the moment, I don't have any craving as the sight of the donuts in Tom Hortons kinda turned me off.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
DONUTS!!
MMMMMMMM
YUM
HEHE
NA NA NA NA NAAAA
:-D

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home