Thursday, April 27, 2006

So far......Updated

20th to 23rd April
I left Toronto at 9am to begin the longest train journey i ever been on going through Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia in 3 full days (24hrs day).

23rd April
Arrived in Vancouver at 7.55am. Took a walk in downtown 'cause the girls were sleeping off the hangover. So I came back around lunch time to organise my stuff into the room. Then Sarah and I went for a drive around downtown, Stanley park, gastown and chinatown.

24th April
I decided to go to Capilano Suspension Bridge so I caught the seabus from Waterfront station to lornsdale quay to catch the bus number 236 to Capilano suspension bridge. Bought my ticket as it was only 17.10 for student. Started my adventure and walked across the bridge without freaking out. I stayed on the bridge for about 10 mins taking photos of the surrounding. OMFG!! I loved it. It totally rocks. Went for a walk in a rainforest and took the treetop adventure, it's a bridge between trees. Very relaxing and i spent like 3 hours there. So yeah I have declared my love for Capilano.

Spent the afternoon at Chapter reading A chapter on my Impossible Life. Not a bad book but still interesting.

25th April
I went to University of British Columbia and it was HUGE!!!!!! I got lost......... and i gave up trying to find Museum of Anthropology.

Decided to walk the Seawall of Stanley Park. It was beautiful but very long walk. Say about 2 hours to walk the whole Seawall. My legs were stiff sore.....

26th April
I didn't do anything exciting. Just walked along Robson and Denman St as well as Pacific Centre Mall doing what girls do best which is shopping. Didn't buy anything but my plane ticket back to Toronto on 16th May.

27th April
I went to Granville Island by bus and there is more shops there so nothing exciting. Caught the bus back to downtown and I went to Chapters to read a book called Serphenia Circle. It's a very sad book......

28th April
Today is a nice sunny day so I caught a bus to Queen Elizabeth Park. It was beautiful. I went into Bloedel Floral Conservatory and it was great, very humid and lots of mossies..... Oh well. I decided to walk from Queen Elizabeth Park to Downtown. It was a good walk..... stopped in Yaletown.... just more shop. I decided to go to Chinatown and Gastown. Chinatown is a version like Brisbane Chinatown but alot bigger and very chinese place. It was fantastic unlikely Toronto Chinatown. To get across to Gastown on Main St, I have to cross East Hasting St which you should avoid with passion as the street is full of druggies, theives, and homeless people and only cross that st when you are on either Beatty or Main St but not any street between Beatty or Main St. It was a freaky experience but I did with caution. My backpack in front of me and I was clutching to it so that it wasn't snatched from me...... Anyway I got to Gastown and it's a historical but modern section. I loved it. Cheap stuff and lots of very canadian gift store in that area.

29th April 2006
Blah, it's raining. Yucky. Today is the day for packing and I am goin to wander through downtown and hit Chapters for more reading....... Oh well........

30th April 2006
I will be boarding the Moose Travel Bus heading for the ROCKIES!!! at 8:40am.

I will upload the photo when I get home.

CIAO!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home