Sunday, March 26, 2006

Toronto Weekend


Boarded the greyhound bus at 3pm from Burt Matthews Building in University of Waterloo heading to Toronto for the weekend. Nervous but excited. I needed to get out of the town 'cause i was getting a lil depressed with the cold and boredom of doin nothing. 2 short hours on the bus as i fell asleep most of the way. I didn't sleep well the previous night due to excitement of goin to Toronto...... Woke up as we were getting into Toronto. OMFG!!! Freeway everywhere. Double lane of 4 with a break in between for both direction..... So many cars..... Got off at Front St West as it was near where I were staying at. Canadiana Backpackers Inn.

Canadiana Backpackers Inn have no bed bugs. Hehe. Checked In. I was in room 26 among other girls. It was ok. I tried to be socialible but somehow i was reserved 'cause I was having a hard time keeping up with the convo so i decided to go for a walk to the CN Tower.

CN Tower was a rip off. Just go to Realto Tower in Melbourne. You see Melbourne for 10 bucks and get the chance to sit down and have a nice cold drink without being ripped off. 30 friggin bucks to see the Lookout, Glass Floor and Skypod. In both Lookout and Glass floor, you don't get to see much of Toronto but North, Northwest and Northeast. Blah. Went up to Skypod. OMG. It was great view but no chair...... So if you want to stay up there for a longer period of time. Good luck.......

During that night, don't trust the girls. Grrrr. I was woken up 3 times during that night by the girl that was sleepin above me jumping up and down the ladder. Grrrrr. So i didn't get much sleep.

Next day was raining. OMG...... Rained and rained. I took a wander around downtown for couple of hours and went back to the hostel and slept for about 3 hrs so i wasn't a party pooper with Crazy Jo.

I met up with Crazy Jo and wander around Yorkdale shopping centre. It was crazy but yea it was ok..... After that was the FUN TIME at Dave And Busters....... As Crazy Jo says "Dave & Buster's is a great place.... it's like Chuck E. Cheese for adults!" I loved it. I am so goin back there. Played alot of games..... won tokens....... :-D Thinkin of goin there for my 22nd birthday.....

Next day was travellin home to waterloo........ At least I feel refreshed and ready to go back to uni for my last week of this semester before final exam.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach... I told you that you should NEVER EVER go to the CN Tower unless is a clear day and not a cloud in the sky. I've been told and have seen (it's been a while) that you can see all the way across Lake Ontario on a CLEAR SUNNY DAY on top of the CN Tower. REMEMBER, CLEAR SUNNY DAY FOR A GREAT VIEW!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee I'll take you to the revolving restaurant next time...

Birthday and DnB it is! *grin*

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. I know what you said about the CN Tower and Ontario weather sucks big time. Lol.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh be quiet... it has been a crappy winter anyway... it's not like this.... it's been better

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home