Saturday, February 04, 2006

Skiing trip turned into a disaster


Today, I got up at 6am all excited about goin to Blue Mountain near Collingwood. Got organised and went to wait at the CLV community centre with the others. Took us an hour and half to get to Blue Mountain but I slept some way. We got there and everyone went to the Rental Area. I hired snowboard, basic learner snowboard and paid for lesson in snowboarding. Went to got my boot and then the snowboard. I was learning to use the snowboard with the instructor. He said i have a very good balance and can stop easily with few falls. So I decided to try out "Big Baby" slope. So I got on the chairlift with the instructor along with the others as well. Well this is where the disaster began. When i got up there, and abt to get off the chairlift, the left foot that I am comfortable with, the lock came undone and caused me to lose my balance and fell on the board. It jammed my back like hell. Instructor was not happy i use the left foot as the front foot but it's turned out that both foot are quick released mode and not locked on neither. So I was transported to the hospital and spent the most of the day in the hospital with lots of pain. The doctor put the morphine in the backside to reduce the pain. Finally I was let out with just back injury, no broken bone. It was 4pm. Wow. We left Blue Mountain and took us 4 hrs to get back to Waterloo due to snow storm or heavy snow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember............. no more extreme sports till your back heals k???

casper

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home