Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Banff to Jasper

First stop was at Lake Louise.

Lake Louise (Victoria Glacier) - The most photographed lake and most visited place in the Canadian Rockies! See the stunning aqua blue colour for yourself.

We went hiking up to the Fairview Platform. A beautiful sight of the lake. On the way down, I slipped and fell causing me to twist my knee....... :-( I was wet and in pain so I has to slide most of the way back down.

We stopped at Mistya Canynon for lunch. Beautiful rushing Mistya River among the rocks.....

Next stop was at Columbia Icefield.

Columbia Icefield - The largest ice cap south of the Arctic Circle. Covers an area the size of Vancouver (325km sq.) and as thick as 350 m. Enough room to fit every person in North America on its surface at one time! You'll get a chance to walk on it and start a snowball fight, even in the peak of summer!

I didn't walk to the legion of the Icefield 'cause of my injured knee...... oh well..... next time hey but i did see the icefield very well.

Last stop was at Jasper.....

Jasper Townsite - Banff's smaller cousin is still a popular summer destination.

We all wandered and got stuff for the bbq includin booze........

We had tacos and mashmallow around the campfire...... in the snow!!! It was a great experience really and I had a fantastic time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home